So we're back in Delhi! We have been since the day before yesterday. The day we were in Agra we went to the Taj Mahal at 5:30 AM. It was awesome. Couldn't have had a better experience. First of all it was raining, and at first I was not too happy about that, because I was wearing my sandals that had no gripping on the bottom, just straight flip- flops, and I knew what that would mean. "Somebody gonna get a hurt real bad," as Russell Peters' dad put it, and sure enough that somebody would be me. It was right when we passed through this overhead and out comes the Taj, even more marvelous than I thought it would be (and I hadn't really even put much thought into it at all). And as I starting walking, I suddenly just slipped, but thankfully I caught myself before I really fell. Smooth, I thought. Then, I started walking down the steps, and sure enough (it's always the steps) I slipped good and hard. Got cut, and hurt my left elbow real bad- couldn't move it for a good 30 minutes. Then after that I walked through the pouring monsoon rains with Erica and we trudged through to get to the Taj and go into it. It was beautiful. And the marble or whatever felt so smooth I just took off my darn sandals and walked around barefoot the whole place. It was such a great experience, and even though I fell and got my favorite outfit here super drenched, it was still one of the best experiences here, and I wouldn't want to have experienced it any other way.
Today, rode the Delhi metro! It was also a lot of fun. And very clean. Like cleaner than all the metros I've been to in the U.S. (i.e. New York, Miami, Pitt, and Atlanta). I got lots of movies too, and Fannezha and I rode the metro back all by ourselves! Good time. Later we're thinking of going to the Hard Rock (Yes Hard Rock in India) so that should be fun.
A.M.B.
No comments:
Post a Comment